[WikiEN-l] Flagged protection and patrolled revisions

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon May 3 19:08:11 UTC 2010

On 3 May 2010 19:56, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Alternatively, simply giving the users a link to a page describing the
> complete edit life-cycle, "This page is [[protected]].",  would be
> fine as well... those who care could go get a complete understanding,
> the vast majority who don't care about the minutia of the editing
> process can comfortably ignore it and not worry that their edit is
> LESS likely to be used then it use to be.

Saying who the edit is visible to ("Your edit is visible to you and
any logged-in users") rather than who it isn't visible to ("Your edit
has been placed in a collective in tray for someone to get around to
sometime maybe never") would probably be nicer too.

As long as it's clear enough!

I realise all sorts of things about Wikipedia are confusing to the
casual reader/editor, but that's because they are confusing. I don't
think we should pretend they aren't.

- d.