[WikiEN-l] Flagged protection and patrolled revisions

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Mon May 3 05:28:40 UTC 2010

On 05/02/2010 05:05 PM, Anthony wrote:
> But I also see that the implementation has been languishing in
> flaggedrevs.labs.wikimedia.org pretty much since then. Mutterings on
> foundation-l suggest that we're close to a finished product that can
> be taken to trial on enwiki, with William Pietri from the tech team
> saying this week that his "understanding is that [it] is almost done".
>
> At risk of seeming impatient, my question is this: exactly_how_  close
> are we?

A very reasonable question. You can see the pertinent data here:

http://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/46157

For the question you're asking, the "done" pane is useful to open.

Based strictly on the last few weeks of completed work and the estimates
for the upcoming work, the week of May 24 is the current extrapolation.
I would like to think it'll come sooner than that (as our progress in
terms of units completed was faster earlier), and there's a possibility
that it will come later, but I'd be surprised if it's much later.

Just to be clear, what I was referring to in the quote above, where I
told Tim that something was almost done, is this:

http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/1983720

I understand there's just a bit of work left there, but we're mainly
focused on the UI display issue at the moment.

William