[WikiEN-l] A war on external links? Was: Inside Higher Ed: Does Wikipedia Suck?

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 30 20:57:25 UTC 2010

Matt Jacobs wrote:
>  I see nothing unwiki-like in suggesting that a person should defend their
> additions to an article when disputes arise.  That's a pretty standard
> expectation in any collaborative environment.  There's no lack of assumption
> of good faith involved in an editor removing an addition if they have reason
> to believe it is not beneficial to the article.

But if they remove it from a generally anti-spam ideological point of
view, or on the grounds of "conflict of interest", then there is such a
problem of good faith being disregarded. Quiddity has now gone into this
in greater detail, and WP:EL is _very clearly_ drafted from an anti-spam
perspective.

Charles