[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia Freedom Fighters?

Yonatan Horan yonatanh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 11:29:15 UTC 2010

Also got it. It seems they have a different message for inactive admins:

Dear administrator,

 We tried to get in contact with you almost a year ago, detailing our
desires to utilise your account to help rid Wikipedia of the corruption and
bureaucracy at every level that continues to plague it to this very day. We
are hoping that, almost a year on, your circumstances may have changed and
you may be more willing to aid us in achieving our goal. At the end of the
day we all want the same thing - an encyclopedia that is informative and
accurate, but one that is also run in a fair manner so all can contribute on
an equitable level. As a reminder, here is an extract from our original
message:

"We are currently expanding our portfolio of administrator accounts, and as
yours remains dormant perhaps you could consider donating it to us - to do
so will take you only two minutes: change the password (if desired) and then

Once more, thank you for your time and consideration, and naturally do not
hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

The Wikipedia Freedom Fighters

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 6:37 AM, <icewedge at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just ignore it. All admins have been getting these. Nothing is coming of
> it,
> except perhaps some little humor if one so desires.
>
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Charles Matthews <
> charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> > David Gerard wrote:

> similar
> it's
> > >>

> > > Indeed. Best filed with any other phishing or trolling.
> > >

> > Goes like this:
> >
> > "As an advanced user here at wikipedia, I am sure you are familiar with
> > the corruption and bureaucracy that exists at every level, with the site
> > effectively being run by a clique of editors who are only looking out
> > for their own interests. Heck, maybe you are one of them! Hopefully
> > though you are not, and would be willing to help us restore fairness and
> > integrity to the project...
> >
> > We are currently expanding our portfolio of administrator accounts and
> > perhaps you could consider sharing yours with us - to do so will take you
> > only two minutes: change the password (if desired) and then reply to this
> > email with your login details. We'll do the rest!
> >
> > Thank you for your time and consideration, and naturally do not hesitate
> > contact us if you have any questions."
> >
> > That's an onsite mail, from the account of User:Goldfishhunting who has
> > been blocked.
> >
> > Charles

Qui audet adipiscitur.