[WikiEN-l] declining numbers of EN wiki admins

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 09:00:31 UTC 2010

On 26 March 2010 08:57, Charles Matthews
<charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Given that WikiProjects generally will have a better idea of the
> character and contributions of participants (compared to those whose
> idea of RfA is an extended box-ticking process), I'd like to see
> projects look around and nominate some of their stalwarts who don't yet
> have the mop and bucket.

Anecdotally, I see a lot of people decline the opportunity because the
RFA gauntlet is so obnoxious.

Phantomsteve's question (length of active use for admins as opposed to
non-admins) is an excellent one, though, and numbers well worth
running (i.e. I would if I knew how to).

- d.