[WikiEN-l] The right place for discussion on project best practices?

Michael Ritchey RitcheyMT at familysearch.org
Thu Mar 25 17:05:35 UTC 2010

Is this an appropriate forum for opening a discussion on project best practices? The articles and discussions I've found on Wikipedia so far are really weak and general. I'd like to share my own learnings and also discuss best practices in:
1. Components of a good project page
2. Good tools for virtual meetings
3. Team member roles
4. How best to orient team members who are new to Wikipedia
5. Reporting progress
6. Finding contributors with certain skills
7. Possible correlation between number of edits and % "done"
8. Maximizing granularity of assignments
9. Repurposing edit stalkers before they discourage new contributors
10. The value of using formal management processes (like Scrum)
11. Avoiding continual redesign of many like articles to avoid design analysis paralysis and maximize content generation
12. ...and others

If this is not the right place to discuss these things, have you any suggestions as to where to do it? Even outside WP I see no good discussions going on regarding best practices of community writing projects. There's nothing on LinkedIn, Yahoo Groups, Google Groups, forums, or even blogs, as far as I've been able to find. If I have to build such a forum I will, but I was hoping to start one related specifically to WP so we could pull knowledge people who are relatively more experienced than many outside WP -- people who perhaps are so busy organizing and contributing to projects that they are not sharing their best practices yet. I know the knowledge is out there; I just want to get people sharing it.

Michael