[WikiEN-l] bringing back the theory

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 12:36:57 UTC 2010

On 21 March 2010 16:25, Tyler <programmer651 at comcast.net> wrote:

> I'm new to this list, but I read in this beloved book I own that there has been an ongoing discussion that accounts created at the English Wikipedia will one day also work for Wiktionary, foreign Wikipedias and other Wikimedia projects.  How come that hasn't come yet?

Single User Login, which is alive and well and working!

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Unified_login

Basically, it should Just Work - you log into one project, it tells
you it's logging you in everywhere else too, and then if you go to
another WMF wiki you see yourself logged in there too. See that page
on meta for assorted hiccups in this ideal vision :-)

- d.