[WikiEN-l] 100 free Credo accounts for Wikipedia editors

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 19:54:29 UTC 2010

Erik Moeller wrote:
> Credo Reference ( http://www.credoreference.com/ , formerly Xrefer)
> has generously agreed to provide up to 100 free accounts to their
> reference library (more than 2 million articles from countless
> reference works), for research purposes. If you might find this
> useful, please go to
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Credo_accounts and follow
> instructions to apply. There's a minimum requirement of 600 edits and
> six months participation.
>
> These accounts will be given on a first come, first serve basis.
> There's no bigger underlying master plan - I've met with them a couple
> of times, and they want to help.

First, let me say this is simply awesome.

I can't help but note some mildly humorous points; which
should not be taken to denigrate or floccinaucinihilipilificate
the value of this wonderful offer...

They have classified Devil's Dictionary (by Ambrose Bierce)
under "Language". I am sure it is a common slip up. I know
for a fact a library I ran for a spell,  had prior to me put
Edwin A. Abbott's Flatland in the non-fiction section under
mathematical science.

As a more personal note, there is a very quirky synchronism
at play, as I just noted this morning that moored in the
harbor outside my window, is a cargo ship which appears
to be bringing coal for the power plant there. The name of the
ship:

http://www.eslshipping.com/portal/en/fleet/m.s._credo/

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen

P. S. I wonder if somebody who worked on my spell-checker
has a sense of humor... doing the spell check, it made the
suggestion that "floccinaucinihilipilificate" should be
replaced with "antidisestablishmentarianism". Oh well,
sesquipedalian is as sesquipedalian does.