[WikiEN-l] Another notability casualty

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 01:38:40 UTC 2010

Systematically arranged encyclopedias:
Well, checking my references,  a little more than 6 vols., but on the
 principle:

There were.

1.
Encyclopedie francaise, 1935-66 was published in 21 topical volumes. ,
with the contents in each arranged by topic, with an alphabetic index
to each volume: titles were such as
v.2 Physics v.3 Astronomy 4. Life   ...  v.19 Philosophy & religion.
in other words, 21 long articles.
( issued loose-leaf for updating, rather than in bound vols. )

2.Encyclopedie de la Pleaide, 1955-
26 vols.  Examples: v.18 Biology, v., 20 Geography

3. In Spanish  Enciclopia Labor" , 1955-60, in 9 vols., including v. 7
Literature and music, v. 8, arts, sports, games

4. In Dutch, eerste nederlandse systematisch ingericht encyclopedie
1946-53     9.v.  e.g. v.2 literature and the arts, v.3, History
sociology & politics

and in English:
Oxford Junior encyclopedia. 1964  13 v.  , such as v.8: Engineering,
v.9 recreation , but with the articles arranged alphabetically within
each vol.

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.