[WikiEN-l] Parallel Articles on topics

Alec Conroy alecmconroy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 11:36:05 UTC 2010

Wikipedia is synonymous with NPOV and changing that would be confusing.

But-- surely there should be somewhere in the Wikimedia family for
people to collaborate on works, even if they aren't working to make
NPOV, notable encyclopedia articles.   Editorials and opinions and
reviews and fancruft and who knows what else.

Why not let people work on a Scientific POV project?  Or a Judaism-POV
project?  Or a project without any consistent POV across articles?  a
'high-quality-articles only' project?  A 'child-friendly' project?  Or
even a project where editors could experiment with content types and
writing styles we haven't yet considered.

None of these could ever be a substitute for the NPOV & Wikipedia.
But who knows how many amazing projects could grow if we had a simple
process for building new ones.