[WikiEN-l] Feature Article Prizes - British Museum

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 03:28:33 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 3:25 AM, Liam Wyatt <liamwyatt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear en.wiki-l,
>
> As some of you may have seen in this week's Wikipedia Signpost[1] or on the
> Wikimedia UK Blog[2] the British Museum is offering five prizes of £100
> (≈$140USD/€120) at their shop/bookshop[3]  for new Featured Articles on
> topics related to the British Museum *in any Wikipedia language edition*.
> Ideally, the topics will be articles about collection items. Your choice. A
> good place to start looking is Category: Collection of the British Museum
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Collection_of_the_British_Museum

The rules say:
* In the event that multiple users claim a prize for the same article,
they will need to agree among themselves how to allocate the prize.

Given that an FA involves many contributors, we can expect that each
successful FA will have many people who "deserve" a cut.  This should
be interesting to watch. ;-)

Any chance the British Museum will donate a high-resolution image when
the article becomes a GA?

--
John Vandenberg