[WikiEN-l] Community ready for Pending Changes (nee Flagged Protection)?

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 06:07:43 UTC 2010

On 15 June 2010 01:12, William Pietri <william at scissor.com> wrote:

> On 06/14/2010 09:56 PM, Risker wrote:
> >   If there is no intention at this time to stop the trial and
> > deactivate the extension on August 15th, I'd like the WMF and the
> developers
> > to say so now.
>
> This is, as the community requested, a 60-day trial. At the end of that,
> unless the community clearly requests otherwise, we'll turn it back off.
> Assuming that the trial starts on time, it will also end on time.

Thank you, William; although I believed this was the intention, it is
important to see it in black and white. I have lost count of the number of
times someone has told the community "oh, let's just try this, if we don't
like it we can go back to the other way," without any realistic intention to
consider turning something off/reverting a policy/reinstating a practice.

I look forward to seeing what all we've learned in the coming two months.

Risker/Anne