[WikiEN-l] Community ready for Pending Changes (nee Flagged Protection)?

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Tue Jun 15 05:12:09 UTC 2010

On 06/14/2010 09:56 PM, Risker wrote:
>   If there is no intention at this time to stop the trial and
> deactivate the extension on August 15th, I'd like the WMF and the developers
> to say so now.

This is, as the community requested, a 60-day trial. At the end of that,
unless the community clearly requests otherwise, we'll turn it back off.
Assuming that the trial starts on time, it will also end on time.

I'll note that both the start and the end of the trial are mainly up to
the community. People have to agree to start using it, and which
articles to start with. At the end, if there is no decision to extend
the trial or to permanently adopt Pending Changes, the community will
probably need to go and switch all Pending Changes articles to something
else. (Unless they'd like us just to switch them en masse to, say,
semi-protection, but that seems a bit crude.)

So I think the real question isn't the WMF's intention; it's the
community's intention. As it should be.

William