[WikiEN-l] Pending Changes: first press

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Tue Jun 15 02:19:39 UTC 2010

On 06/14/2010 06:46 PM, Ian Woollard wrote:
> On 15/06/2010, MuZemike<muzemike at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> >  Have there been any other media outlets, blogs, etc. who see Pending
>> >  Changes as a "loosening of controls"? I haven't; perhaps I've been
>> >  hanging around with the community too much who say it will be more
>> >  restrictive than before:)
> To be perfectly honest, I don't think anyone knows, it will probably
> depend on what policies are built around it.

I agree completely that the outcome is really up to the community. But
personally, it's my hope that this will open things up. Certainly the
articles selected for initial trial of this represent an opening, in
that all the users who could edit before still can, and the ones that
couldn't can now easily propose edits, ones that are likely to be accepted.

William