[WikiEN-l] Community ready for Pending Changes (nee Flagged Protection)?

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Sat Jun 12 21:40:50 UTC 2010

On 06/12/2010 02:22 PM, David Gerard wrote:
> On 12 June 2010 22:04, Kwan Ting Chan<ktc at ktchan.info>  wrote:
>
>> On 12/06/2010 18:13, William Pietri wrote:
>>
>>> Just for the sake of understanding better for next time, would people
>>> have preferred that we launched later?
>>>
>> Personally, just launch the damn thing already!
>>
> +1

Great! That is certainly how I feel about it, so I'm relieved the
community feels likewise.

For those similarly enthusiastic, there is, as Cenarium points out,
still some community work that needs to be done:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_comment/Flagged_revisions_trial

One thing that definitely needs sorting out is when the limit of 2000
Pending Changes articles gets raised. We'll get some numbers on
performance impact after it has been in use for a bit, but there has
been some talk that we shouldn't raise the number purely because the
servers can handle it. It'd be nice to have a clear signal on that by
the time the technical issues are sorted.

William