[WikiEN-l] Community ready for Pending Changes (nee Flagged Protection)?

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Sat Jun 12 17:13:00 UTC 2010

Just for the sake of understanding better for next time, would people
have preferred that we launched later?

We gave a date as soon as we were reasonably confident that we could hit
a date for the minimum feature set, based on the theory that people
wanted this ASAP. But naturally, we could have announced a later date.

If in the future the community would like X weeks of cushion to prepare
for a feature change, I think that's a very reasonable thing to ask for.
The time wouldn't be wasted; there's plenty of good stuff left to do.

William