[WikiEN-l] One-sentence explanation of pending changes

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Wed Jun 9 10:58:30 UTC 2010

On 9 June 2010 11:13, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen <cimonavaro at gmail.com> wrote:

> On the gripping hand, limiting it to BLP's got a consensus.
> Trying it on for a wider array of articles is really asking for
> someone to punch you on the nose. Not recommended, but
> hey, you can do it if you feel proud enough.

I think that might be overstating it...

My understanding was that the most recently decided-on version (which
is admittedly not precisely what we're getting) was *not* based on a
consensus to restrict it to BLP articles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Flagged_protection_and_patrolled_revisions

BLPs are quoted a few times as examples, and they're certainly
expected to be a large portion of the workload of this, but none of
the recent plans have explicitly aimed for such a restriction.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk