[WikiEN-l] One-sentence explanation of pending changes

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 07:39:36 UTC 2010

William Pietri wrote:

> Our current plan is to raise that limit gradually as the performance
> implications become clear. If the community wants us to keep some hard
> limit, that's also doable.

With the utmost of respect, what you want to do here is to
hew very close to the community agreed consensus, and only
depart after a new consensus develops. Going purely on what
the iron will stand in terms of load, is a surefire way to bring
about much drama and wringing of hands, heads and what
have you. Not a desirable thing at all.

I think I can encapsulate my advice in one sentence.

"Please don't plan controversial things."

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen