[WikiEN-l] One-sentence explanation of pending changes

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Tue Jun 8 20:32:02 UTC 2010

On 06/08/2010 01:08 PM, Andrew Gray wrote:
> Are there any technical limits beyond a page count? Can we - for
> example - use it on talk pages or redirects?

I think it's configured per namespace, so one technically could use it
for talk pages, but I believe the configuration we're planning for
Wikipedia is just main space. Naturally, if the community clamored to
apply it elsewhere, it wouldn't be hard to change. We'd want to think
through the implications first, though, as we've been focused on articles.

I believe redirects should work, although when I went to double-check on
the labs site there was an odd issue that we'll look into promptly.

Did you have plans for either of those? Or were you just exploring the
possibilities?

As to other technical limitations, none come to mind.

William