[WikiEN-l] One-sentence explanation of pending changes

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 20:18:40 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 3:57 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 June 2010 20:55, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Ian Woollard <ian.woollard at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> d) it only applies BLP articles
>
>> Can you identify the origin of this belief?  It's not correct.  If
>> there is some page still saying/implying this, we need to go fix it.
>

> 'Cos it was a big part of the plan in past iterations. It was news to
> me that isn't a current part of the plan, for instance. Though
> "limited to 2000" is useful. How many pages are currently protected or
> semi-protected, about 1000?

That kind of limitation was dropped from the community discussions
fairly early on as morphed from the "More aggressive way of regulating
articles" of flagged protection to the "Less disruptive way of
protecting pages" of flagged protection.

Limiting it to BLP articles also has the problem that BLP issues very
frequently extend out of BLP articles.