[WikiEN-l] One-sentence explanation of pending changes

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Tue Jun 8 20:07:09 UTC 2010

On 06/08/2010 12:57 PM, David Gerard wrote:
> 'Cos it was a big part of the plan in past iterations. It was news to
> me that isn't a current part of the plan, for instance.

Regarding the BLP question, there's no technical limitation, but that's
different than the question of what the community decides it should be
used on. If the enwiki community wants to limit it to particular
categories and also wants the software to enforce that, I'm glad to see
how hard that is to build.

> Though "limited to 2000" is useful.

Our current plan is to raise that limit gradually as the performance
implications become clear. If the community wants us to keep some hard
limit, that's also doable.

William