[WikiEN-l] Three cheers for Wikipedia's cancer info (or two and a half)

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 2 10:44:06 UTC 2010

Bod Notbod wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 2:03 AM, Ian Woollard <ian.woollard at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> All that's happened is that the professionally produced material had
>> some specific attention towards making it readable.
>>
>> The Wikipedia AFAIK doesn't have any formal processes to check that,
>> so far as I know.
>>

> Is it not a criterion used when judging articles C/B/A/GA/FA?

Our processes are unlikely to pick up the most obvious difference (as I
judge from an example), namely that where we would wikilink a technical
word, the NCI would give a phrase of definition in parentheses beside
it. We think people who need to know what the [[colon]] is will click
and find out, they don't use indirection in that way.

Charles