[WikiEN-l] ZOMG Wikipedia is TERRORIST!!1!1!!!!

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 20:28:36 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 9:15 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22 July 2010 16:43, Cary Bass <cary at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 07/21/2010 12:07 PM, Thomas Dalton wrote:
>>> Indeed. The address of the old office was kept quiet for security
>>> reasons, but the address of the new office has always been
>>> publicly available. To give him the benefit of the tiniest bit of
>>> doubt, he might have written it while the WMF was in the old office
>>> and just taken a long time to submit it to the court and not
>>> thought to check it was still true. There has been a phone number
>>> available for years, though.
>> Might I also offer that "kept quiet" does not negate "offered up to
>> anyone who phoned up and asked for it."  In reality, it was simply not
>> publicized; but it was generally fairly easy to get.
>
> Indeed, that's why I said "quiet" rather than "private" or "secret".

...And there was always a legal service address for DMCA takedown
notices, through which agents can serve even if the organization
itself is not available.  And a published phone number.

However, from:
  https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/foundation/w/index.php?title=Contact_us&action=history

...This guy filed the complaint at a time (Feb 28, 2010)  after the
last update to the WMF "Contact us" page was made (Nov 3, 2009), and
the page contained the street address for the office.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com