[WikiEN-l] Another sourcing problem

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 22:08:23 UTC 2010

  1. the content is significant to the purpose of the article, or NPOV
would be compromised if absent;
  2. the content is not published in a more reliable easily available source;
  3. the author's details and the origins of the material
(authenticity) is   not in significant good-faith question;
  4. the author's position to speak to the matter or viewpoint
involved is  not in significant good-faith  question;
  5. the material is not unduly self-serving;
  6. it does not involve claims about third parties, except to the
extent the author is authoritatively able to provide them. ;
  7. it does not involve claims about events not having a reasonably
direct relationship to the  subject;
  8. the article is not based entirely or almost entirely on such
sources, and there is substantial third party verification of key
claims.
  9. The material is clearly attributed to the author and the type of
 medium made clear (personal website, blog, etc) for the reader's
understanding.

These modifications i wording are made to address sourcing problems
which have in fact occurred and require flexibility in their
resolution

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.