[WikiEN-l] Administrator coup / mass deletions

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 22:14:26 UTC 2010

2010/1/22 Ryan Delaney <ryan.delaney at gmail.com>:

> You probably won't be getting that evidence, since the way the policy
> is in place, the burden of proof isn't on the person removing the
> content-- it's on the person adding it. That's not just how BLP works,
> but the verifiability policy as well, and that's a Good Thing(tm). If
> people want to add content to Wikipedia, they ought to be providing
> sources for it. We're somewhat lax about enforcing that when it's
> inanimate objects, but we aren't lax about it when we're talking about
> real people. That seems to me to be the right balance.

It does really suck that this is trashing what are mostly likely
perfectly okay pieces that people put work into. This needs to be
acknowledged and we need to work to alleviate the suck from it.

the_wub's list will help recover stuff, and hopefully things will
proceed in a less axe-crazy manner henceforth.

- d.