[WikiEN-l] The story of an article

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 23:49:18 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 6:25 PM, altally <altallym at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 11:23 PM, Apoc 2400 <apoc2400 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Fascinating! I note how the article Celilo Falls was created a brought up
>> four long paragraphs by User:67.168.209.23. Today IPs are not allowed to
>> create articles and some want to limit it to accounts that are four days
>> old
>> and have made 10 edits.
>
> Yes, it's not that difficult to create an account and wait a few days is it?

Damn straight!  We should also make them send us $5 too. That would
make mass vandalism really expensive to perform.  And geesh, whats
five bucks in exchange for the fantastic benefit of giving away your
effort and knowledge with no compensation. We'll even throw in a
revert of your contributions at no extra cost!