[WikiEN-l] Another notability casualty

Luna lunasantin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 20:07:41 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 1:56 PM, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Charles Matthews
> <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > ....  Perhaps this contains the
> > germ of an idea: a process "Drafts for mainspace", a review debating
> > unuserfying. The "Bizarre Records" solution to our problems - "just what
> > contentious process".
>
> Either namespace, or another independent namespace ("Drafts").
>
> User namespace makes things harder to find; which is not necessarily
> appropriate.  We want drafts to be communally findable - to encourage
> contributions, fixes, reviews, and eventual upgrades.

Userspace does have the benefit of being *blatantly* unofficial, which is
sometimes a good thing with drafts, especially if those drafts have
problematic content that's being indexed by search engines.

Aside from that issue, though, a "Draft" namespace does sound like a
smoother workflow, as you suggest. If you can't get a canonical namespace
in, "Wikipedia:Drafts/Page[/Version]" might not be a bad naming convention.

--
Luna Santin
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Luna_Santin>