[WikiEN-l] Another notability casualty

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Wed Feb 24 06:19:50 UTC 2010

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010, David Goodman wrote:
> The present rules at Wikipedia are so many and
> contradictory that it is possible to construct an argument with them to
> justify  almost any decision--even without using IAR.

I'm trying to figure out if you're arguing with me.  You're right, of course,
the rules are completely messed up.

But I think it's fair to say that "notability rules are only a sufficient
condition and it's possible for something to not satisfy the rules and still
be notable" is a *very* unpopular position, to the point where it may as well
not be true.