[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia is not a dictionary (was: Re: Old Wikipedia backups discovered)

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Tue Dec 28 22:11:53 UTC 2010

>> Are you suggesting that the content presented in
>> http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/nigger or another dictionary's "nigger"
>> entry is comparable (or could be comparable, given revision/expansion
>> in accordance with the publication's standards) to that of
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigger ?
>
> It isn't comparable.  Could it be comparable?  I don't know.

By the way, how does that article and the article on [[black people]]
not violate "Articles whose titles are different words for the same
thing (synonyms): are duplicate articles that should be merged."

Because one of the unwritten exceptions to the guideline is that
articles on terms which shouldn't be used in encyclopedias (without
the quotation marks or italics) don't count.