[WikiEN-l] Eschatology and Wikipedia

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 20:51:06 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 12:36 PM, wiki <doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>[...]
> If I dare to be a seer, I worry about software that looks increasingly 2004
> in a Facebook world.

Let me focus that a bit, if you don't mind -

Craigslist looks like 1997; other than the occasional image change for
the logo, Google's main search page and its results look like about
2000 still (and not much different, to me, than AltaVista did shortly
after it launched, though it's subtly better in many ways).

Yahoo has a lot more modern interface design than its competitors; it
must be successful, right?

I believe that from a user (reader) point of view, Wikipedia is
suitably capable from an interface standpoint.