[WikiEN-l] Amazonified Wikipedia

Javier Bassi javierbassi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 16:32:33 UTC 2010

As Magnus said, I had also the idea of incorporate amazon affiliate
some months ago but I'm not sure if it will change the status of
Wikipedia as a non-profit organization. Since amazon pages are
sometimes used as a reliable source for information about books, CDs,
etc. To successfully take advantage of this, Jimbo could create an
account at amazonassociates. Then put the "?tag=accountname" in every
amazon URL that is currently used as source, and also check for new
links to add the tag. This could be easily done by a bot. There will
be absolutely no repercussions in terms of usability and bandwidth,
and the the income could be huge.