[WikiEN-l] Amazonified Wikipedia

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Fri Dec 3 14:19:29 UTC 2010

> This stuff will apparently show up in Amazon search results soon-ish:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/wiki/James_Joyce
>
> Interesting idea, though I find it slightly disturbing for some reason...

"Shopping-enabled Wikipedia Page" Their mouse over was not yet
functioning when I tried it., "Loading, Loading, Loading..."

Amazon, as it sells nearly every product known to man, is doing a clever
thing, using a Wikipedia article to sell stuff. It can extend well beyond
books. And any firm selling anything is welcome to do the same thing, if
they can figure out software linking mentions of a product with their
product page, although a simple internal link [[Portrait of the Artist as
a Young Man|Buy Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man]] would serve if
wiki software is used. I wonder how you would put a cart onto a wiki. I
guess a external link to PayPay would work.

So is the foundation helping them in any way, or getting any thing from
them?

Fred

User: Fred Bauder