[WikiEN-l] Amazonified Wikipedia

wiki doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com
Fri Dec 3 13:54:42 UTC 2010

Seems to me that "Shopping-enabled Wikipedia Page" may be perilously close
to a trademark infringement, or what in the UK would be known as "passing
off".

Contrary to the description, this is not a Wikipedia page at all. The page
has no relationship to Wikipedia. This is an *Amazon* page validly using CC
free material that has come from Wikipedia. It is reasonable to presume that
the casual reader might assume a commercial link between the WMF and Amazon
which does not exist - and that the description tends to imply that.

I'd like to know if the WMF was consulted over this, and what the lawyers
think.

Scott