[WikiEN-l] "Wikipedia committee member"

Brock Weller brock.weller at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 17:23:00 UTC 2010

I can't believe this idea is being seriously presented. We are an
Encyclopedia. That is one of the Five Pillars ([[WP:5P]]). The job of a
comprehensive encyclopedia is to facilitate access to information in an
efficient manner. Putting extra barriers in front of that means you aren't
looking at it as a comprehensive encyclopedia, which we are, but as TV Guide
(or Playbill, in this case) which we are decidedly not. You want a teaser?
You want a hook? Go read a preview. You want to read an encyclopedic article
about the subject/play/episode/whatever? Congratulations, you've come to the
right place.

We aren't here to protect you from the big bad world, we're here to present
information. If that information is made harder to get, then someone clearly
made a mistake.

-Brock