[WikiEN-l] Replacing admins with a slower less efficient method for blocking vandals and deleting attack pages

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 14:18:45 UTC 2010

I appreciate that your suggestion is not to have admins. But aside
from the issue that juries will be slower and less efficient than the
current system for dealing with attack pages, what is the error rate
for admin deletion of attack pages and blocking of vandalism only
accounts? There are areas where admin decisions are sometimes
challenged or contentious, but in my experience the deletion of attack
pages and the blocking of vandalism only accounts rarely if ever
involves admin errors. So this proposal would replace a system that
works well with one that at best would achieve comparable results but
more slowly and less efficiently.

As for blanking attack pages, yes patrollers can and do do this. But
that doesn't stop people cyber bullying by  emailing a diff of the
attack page, nor does it help when as so often happens the name of the
attack page is itself an attack.

WereSpielChequers