[WikiEN-l] Superusers?

MuZemike muzemike at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 00:46:56 UTC 2010

I was thinking, after the talk about
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Vandal_fighters which doesn't
terribly look like it's going anywhere, why don't we possibly "bundle" a
few of the other userrights into one, such as my proposal below:

User right: "Superuser"

Rights included: rollback, autopatrolled, reviewer, accountcreator

As far as who would grant/revoke such a right, I would personally want
bureaucrats to do that job, as that is their natural-given right as
bureaucrats (to grant/revoke userrights). Some pros and cons that I forsee:

Pros: Consolidating userrights, increasing transparency for those are
not wiki-experts, less stuff for sysops to do, less confusion

Cons: Abuse of one of the tools like rollback (as with sysops), trend
seems to be for "unbundling" rights instead of "bundling", updating
those users who aren't around anymore, dispute on procedures to grant
this (i.e. simple request, "requests for adminship"-type voting, etc.)

I'm throwing this out here to see what people would think. Any thoughts?

-MuZemike