[WikiEN-l] Destructionism

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 03:00:56 UTC 2010

It seems to me that the isms we get are to do with the relatively poor
decision making process we have. I think the current 'judicial' system
involve admins is rather broken.

The problem is that the RFCs/AFDs etc are too prone to vote stuffing
of one form or another, the most benign source of which is probably
'noticeboards', whereas the most malign is presumably sockpuppets or
even paid stooges.

In theory admins should sort most of these problems out, as they're
supposed to follow the policies, rather than treat it as a vote, but
because the admins are voted in/out via a popularity contest they
usually go with the popularist vote.

Perhaps the wikipedia would do much better to go with a random jury
selection process to make the actual decision, and then have an admin action it.

There would be downsides but I would tend to think that that would
probably be more normative to what the reader expects when they read
the article.

--
-Ian Woollard