[WikiEN-l] FBI vs. Wikipedia

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 10 12:35:42 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:
> That discussion is not about using the recently discovered image of
> historical badges. Obviously they have removed it from their website. It
> is very low resolution, indeed, the details of the badges are almost
> unrecognizable. But would the section put too much emphasis on what are,
> in fact, trivial details, simply because the question exercises us?

You would start a new section on the talk page if you wanted, or make
the edit and see if anyone reverts, and then discuss on the talk page.
I have an opinion on this, but I'm not going to discuss it on a
mailing list (I don't mind discussing deletion debates, but discussing
article editing at this level of detail feels wrong). It really does
need to be discussed on-wiki.

Carcharoth