[WikiEN-l] FBI vs. Wikipedia

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 9 18:59:54 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 7:52 PM, Shane Simmons <avicennasis at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/9/10, Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 7:26 PM, FT2 <ft2.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>What is needed is a way
>  >to find a genuine FBI badge and find someone willing to photograph it
>  >and release that photograph under a free license, or to identify who
>  >took this photograph and get them to release the photograph. But there
>  >are problems with both these approaches (namely, getting permission to
>  >photograph a genuine FBI badge and finding who took this photograph).
>
> Crop this:
>
> http://www.fbi.gov/multimedia/images/equipment/badge&gun.jpg
>
> From the FBI media gallery: http://www.fbi.gov/multimedia/photos.htm
>
> I assume {{PD-USGov-FBI}} applies here.

Thank-you. We have that image already at:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:FBI_Badge_%26_gun.jpg

Ironically, it is not used on any articles, but is used here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:User_FBI

Hopefully, once this image is cropped and used, the other one can be
speedily deleted as "inadequately sourced" or something.

I can't add this to the deletion discussion at the moment, so
hopefully someone else who agrees with this will.

Carcharoth