[WikiEN-l] FBI vs. Wikipedia

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 8 13:45:38 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 2:23 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 August 2010 14:22, Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 2:16 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Possibly the WMF lawyer and PR person know more about the law and PR
>>> than you do? Did you ask them?
>
>> No. Would you like to do that?
>
> I feel no need to, since I'm not the one pontificating from nothing
> but personal ignorance. What a strange question.

Well, I don't feel any need to be insulting, David. You are right that
I don't follow the WMF press releases - what I do is read the
newspapers and read news websites. If I see Wikipedia and the WMF
mentioned on the BBC news website (the one I tend to read), I like to
discuss that with other Wikipedians. If you know about the public
relations (PR) that has been done here, please tell us or point us to
the press release on this, as I'd like to read that.

Carcharoth