[WikiEN-l] FBI vs. Wikipedia

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 8 00:29:03 UTC 2010

I might be reading the wrong thread, but I've read through the "FBI
Seal and Wikimedia" thread on foundation-l, starting here:

http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2010-August/060329.html

There are some 11 posts to that thread, none of which seem to actually
say anything substantive. I would have thought that a serious debate
would have been better than having "fun" over this clash with an
authority figure organisation. The FBI may have been wrong this time,
but that doesn't mean they won't try again with another argument, and
it doesn't mean that some of the concerns raised shouldn't be
considered in this or other contexts.

Carcharoth