[WikiEN-l] Destructionism

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 01:54:37 UTC 2010

On 7 August 2010 01:45, William Beutler <williambeutler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Certainly, it still describes a real phenomenon: articles that attain
> Featured or Good status, and then have those statuses (statii?) revoked as
> they degrade. It happens, all right.

Does it happen very often? Most revocations are due to us raising the
standards we require rather than due to articles deteriorating. If an
article has deteriorated to the point where it isn't worthy of FA any
more then wouldn't it be better just revert to the last FA worthy
version? If the FA criteria are such that there are edits that we
don't want to revert but that make an article no longer worthy of FA,
then we need to change the FA criteria (since they don't fit with our
actual views on what makes an article better or worse).