[WikiEN-l] Destructionism

William Beutler williambeutler at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 00:45:01 UTC 2010

Certainly, it still describes a real phenomenon: articles that attain
Featured or Good status, and then have those statuses (statii?) revoked as
they degrade. It happens, all right.

As a concept, it bears thinking about. I'm not necessarily saying there
should be a hold placed on articles that have attained those statuses... OK,
maybe I am. Limit editing to autoconfirmed editors? Obviously when FAs reach
the front page, unhelpful editing pretty much always follows. I don't see it
as a terrible thing that editing be slowed down on those articles, for
instance. It took a lot of considered work to get there. Maybe it should
take some consideration to change them.