[WikiEN-l] Fwd: [Wikipedia-l] infobox growth

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 28 23:16:45 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 10:16 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28 April 2010 21:48, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> 2004, with MediaWiki 1.3, I think? Editors pounced on this marvellous
>>> new capability.
>
>> Well the Template namespace initialisation script went through in june
>> 2004 however before that people used {{msg:whatever}}.
>
> Yep! The {{msg:whatever}} usage was rare, but it really took off when
> templating was properly supported.

Talking of templates, I recent discussion I raised died a quiet death
(due to neglect more than anything else), and I was wondering what
people here think of what was said there?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Summary_style#Problems_with_partial_transclusions_and_page_histories

Carcharoth