[WikiEN-l] Fwd: [Wikipedia-l] infobox growth

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 28 05:43:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 9:55 PM, Eugene van der Pijll
<eugene at vanderpijll.nl> wrote:

<snip>

> The oldest infoboxes predate [[T:Infobox]], and even templates
> themselves; they will be very hard to count. The earliest infobox I
> found was at [[Beryllium]], on 2 Feb 2002. It wasn't called "Infobox"
> then, of course, but it certainly was one.

Wow. Hard-coded into the wikitext, I presume? The questioner might be
asking when the first templates were created, and might not realised
that the same thing can be done direct with using templates. When did
the template namespace start, anyway?

Carcharoth