[WikiEN-l] Citizendium dead?

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Fri Apr 23 22:51:38 UTC 2010

> Interesting phenomenon I have noticed here and there: these experts
> choosing to work on Wikipedia on an entirely different topic
> altogether. That is to say, someone quite qualified and competent to
> write articles on Assyrian archaeology in the way we normally mean
> when we say "expert", but instead writing at some length about
> eighteenth-century music, on the grounds that Assyrian archaeology is
> too much like the day job - besides, the articles are a mess, and this
> other stuff is fun, damnit.
>
> Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing I leave as an exercise to
> the reader.
>
> --
> - Andrew Gray
>   andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk

I never had much interesting in editing articles on law; and, after a
little experience with a "developer", little enthusiasm about arguing
about generally accepted legal principles with a half-educated horse's
ass. So I argued with a guy with a doctorate. Dumb arguments are
maddening. Just how is one supposed to prove which way is up?

Fred