[WikiEN-l] Citizendium dead?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 17:54:15 UTC 2010

On 23 April 2010 17:33, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Fred, I will not present further to my remarks to Charles - they stand as
> stated. But this  website's defensive attitude and approach to serious
> academics is well known. And that attitude goes back to its roots.

It's evident, however, that Citizendium's alternative approach has
been a resounding failure, whereas Wikipedia wouldn't be a top 10 site
if it wasn't actually useful to people.

So the question becomes: how to get more expert oversight in?

That said, any hypothesis claiming Wikipedia is fundamentally
expert-hostile needs to account for the fact of the startling
quantities of experts actually here and contributing. You can hardly
move on Wikipedia without bumping into someone with a doctorate.

- d.