[WikiEN-l] Citizendium dead?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 03:08:13 UTC 2010

On 17 April 2010 03:57, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:

> According to that stats page, the project added 7.7k words per day
> during March 2010 - the most since September 2009. Unless I miss the
> meaning of the "words per day" column, that seems to show that the
> project is at least no worse off this year than last. There seems to
> be a winter dip in editing, and a pickup in the spring - and March 10
> comes in considerably ahead of March 09.

The long tail is gone:

http://en.citizendium.org/wiki/Image:New_users.png

- it's now a playground for a small closed circle of contributors.
Someone on [[Talk:Citizendium]] says as much.

"But, what of it?" they then ask. That it has let itself become a
project of no effective import. If it's not dead, it's moribund.

- d.