[WikiEN-l] UIC Journal: Evaluating quality control of Wikipedia's feature[d] articles

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 16:40:45 UTC 2010

FWIW I noticed that there was actually a FA review recently where the
article actually meets a deletion criteria, but it was simply delisted
for insufficient references. The FA review criteria doesn't emphasise
checking things like that, and the kinds of people that do reviews
seem to care mainly about having one reference per sentence.

On 16/04/2010, MuZemike <muzemike at gmail.com> wrote:
> I found this read from the University of Illinois at Chicago Journal
> interesting about the featured article process and how it does lack in
> certain areas, including a need for more subject-matter experts to look
> at these FAs:
>
> http://www.uic.edu/htbin/cgiwrap/bin/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/2721/2482
>
> -MuZemike

-Ian Woollard