[WikiEN-l] UIC Journal: Evaluating quality control of Wikipedia's feature[d] articles

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Fri Apr 16 15:40:47 UTC 2010

On 16 April 2010 16:38, Amory Meltzer <amorymeltzer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Three were "on the fence" so while the article may report a 55%
> success rate, it also is stating a 32% failure rate.

It's hard to tell from their scoring system which the three borderline
ones were, though.

Interestingly, the seven "clear failures" exhibit a strong correlation
between quality and time - the points get lower as they get older. For
the other articles, there's little or no correlation between the time
since they passed FAC (or FAR) and their quality.

http://www.generalist.org.uk/blog/2010/quality-versus-age-of-wikipedias-featured-articles/

I suspect this points up a problem with maintenance more than initial
quality, but we shall see.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk